Friday, January 05, 2007

Just a quickie

Just a quickie post...its back to reality...school is starting on Monday, and I am dedicating my weekend to reading ahead so I know what they are talking about in lecture for once. Today I have a math practice, and for some reason I am nervous about the math this semester, I am nervous about everything this semester, its supposed to be really tough, so cross your fingers for me that I make it out alive!!

Got a scary call from Michaels mom this morning...her husband took her into the ER after her Doctors office called to let her know that her Hemoglobin was 5...for non-medical people, thats really low. Hemoglobin is a measurment of the oxygen/iron carrying capacity of our red blood cells...and the normal value for a woman is 12-16. So when its low, basically you dont have adequate amounts of red blood cells that are properly carrying oxygen and iron to the areas of your body that need them...and you can be at risk for heart problems especially since the heart is a muscle and it needs oxygen to survive. Say a little prayer for Val if you get a chance, hopefully she gets this all worked out and is back on her feet again!

Enough nurse talk...nothing super exciting to talk about, still havent uploaded the pictures from the snow, I will beg Michael to do it today!!! (there is pics of the house I am in love with too!). Will post more later, on my way out the door :o)

p.s. Kat, if your reading this, did you fall of a cliff?? Update your blog!

No comments: