Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Dang, time flies! Its so weird to say 2007, it feels like I was just in Vegas ringing in 2000. Now I am an old fart that celebrated the New Year in bed, falling asleep. Michael thankfully got here when there was a MINUTE left til the New Year, it was so sweet, he sped home from work and didnt call me because he wanted to suprise me. I think I was fast asleep by 1:20, lol.

So our time in Arizona was too much fun, and went by way too quick! We flew in on Christmas Day and suprised Michaels mom, it was so sweet, she was SO excited to see us. We went to Sedona and Flagstaff on a mini-trip, both of those places are so beautiful, if you havent gone you have to go sometime! I am trying to post some snow pictures but cant find them on the computer, so I will make sure to do that sometime this week. It was sooooo cold!! Michael and I are seriously thinking about putting a downpayment on a home in April of this year, it takes 8 months for it to be built, so it would be done just in time for when I graduate nursing school. We have the money now that is required to put down, which is exciting, so we have to put a lot of thought into it in the next couple of months. This house that I fell in love with is seriously so gorgeous, I love it. It couldnt be more perfect. As hard as it will be to move out of California, Michael and I want so badly to own a home, and to have a big family, and there is just no way we can do it here, so Arizona it is, even if its just for a couple of years to get on our feet. I will keep ya'll updated, I am just so excited about it!

I was bummed that I didnt end up meeting up with my girlfriends Erin and Shanna when I was in Arizona, maybe next time!! I know for sure I will be out there in April for Erins WEDDING!

Santa was good to me this year...I got a Zune (like an IPOD, except Microsoft makes it!), cookbooks, an herb garden, pajamas, a cute jacket, lots of cute scarves, cash, gift cards, smelly bath stuff, a Coach bag (from Michaels mom and sister, sooo was not expecting that!!), a new PINK blow dryer, a ceramic flat iron, hair products, more gift cards, and lots of socks!! I wasnt expecting to be so spoiled!

I am so loving this Chicken Tortilla Soup, its soooo super yum I cant stand it! I have to share the recipe, its that good (I think so anyway), and you dont feel too guilty eating it!

1 large can tomato juice
2 cans of low sodium beef broth
2 cups of water
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
1 rotisserie chicken (cooked), bones removed and shredded (we just use the breast, but you could use leg meat too if you wanted)
1 can of corn
2 cans of black beans
1 small can of diced green chilis
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 packet of chicken taco seasoning

Heat a large pot on medium-high heat. Add butter or oil, and saute the onion and the garlic for 3-5 minutes. Dump everything else into the pot, bring it to a gentle boil for about 10 minutes, and then let it all simmer on medium-low heat for about 45 minutes-1 hour. My favorite toppings are non-fat sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and avocado! You can also add different things to the soup, I have had it with carrots, celery, potatos, and bell pepper. The ingredients I posted are just my personal favorite!!

Enjoy!!

Oh I wanted to add another goal for 2007...pay off my
credit card!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl! you made out at Christmas!! all the best with the house stuff..how exciting! and that recipe sounds SUPER good & i know Nate will love it!! definitely gonna try it out! thanks! hehe