Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobble Gobble


Happy Turkey day everyone!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with family and yummy food!! I know I am!


Michael and I along with my dad are headed off to my aunts house, a few aunts houses actually. So excited about it, havent seen the fam-bam in a while and I need my fix!


Also made some YUMMY to die for pumpkin gooey cakes...if you havent made them, you HAVE to! You will not be disapointed!! Its a Paula Deene recipe and you can find it on foodnetwork.com.


So in light of Thanksgiving...I am thankful for so much today. I am Thankful for my wonderful Mom and Dad, even though they may make me crazy at times. I am Thankful for a sister who is growing leaps and bounds and is doing so much better than I ever thought she could. I am Thankful for Nursing school because it has given me the opportunity to learn and experience WAY more than I ever expected. I am Thankful for my in-laws to be and I cannot wait to see them on Christmas! I am Thankful for Katie and Jess (my best nursing school buds), without them I would go crazy. I am Thankful for every single one of my friends. And mostly I am Thankful for my health and blessings in my life.


What are YOU Thankful for today?

3 comments:

Kat said...

happy thanksgiving to you!
thankful for my baby in my belly, my husband, my beautiful home, my family and friends, my business, and my health!

Jody said...

Hey Alex!
Just had to let you know that I have made and enjoyed the Paula Deen Gooey Cake many times- I've even had it in flavors other than pumpkin...like the peanut butter with chocolate crust. Yummy! I planned on making it for my own Thanksgiving, but came up short on the powdered sugar end of things, so I made pumkin pie bars instead (with a brown sugar/oatmeal crust. Not even close to Gooey Cake- but tasty anyway. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you. I would love to see more of your engagement photos...and a New York wedding!! Maybe I should come and crash it. =)

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

i made the paula deen gooey cake too. yum! i can't wait to try it in the pb and chocolate. cheers to you!