Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Recap

Had a pretty laid back weekend, although I had school Friday all day and Saturday all day, at least it was just at school and not real "clinical" at the hospital, I didnt have to be up at 4 am on Saturday for the first time in a long time, yay for that!!! My sister came home to do my hair this weekend, still not sure how I feel about it. I will have to get a pic up so you know what I am talking about. For those who dont know, she is just starting cosmotology school and new to all of this, so when she does my hair, its more like "practicing" than anything...but hey it was free, plus it gave us 6 hours just to talk and catch up (yes, thats how long it took her to do a partial weave, no cut, just color, 6 hours.).

Next weekend I have no clinical on Saturday, so I am going with my dad and sister (and maybe Michael) to visit my Grandma, I am so excited I cant wait. Its been forever since I have seen her, and I know she looks so forward to seeing us ever since my Grandpa passed away last year, shes been lonely, so she loves for us to visit. Hopefully she will help me with this quilt that I have been dying to make...I have it all ready to go, I just gotta figure out how to sew it and she is the quilt master!

Shouts out to 2 girlfriends this weekend that got MARRIED!!! Nichole and Olivia. I am so happy for the both of them!!! Wishing them all the happiness in the world and hoping they enjoy their new hubbies!

Lately time spent with Michael has been scarce...it really makes me sad. Now that I have this new job, I am at school Monday, then tues-thurs I am working til 6 or 7 at night, which most of the time he is home all day and just going IN to work at 6, then Friday and Saturday I have clinicals...and Sunday was our one day to be together all day and he is going to be working Sundays now...I know its for the best, we will be able to save more money, but it just really makes me sad...at least now with us living together we are TOGETHER every day, even if it is when we are both snoring! lol

Saw this on someones blog and thought it was cute.

5 Weird things about me I bet you didnt know

1. I cant stand the smell of open food in the fridge. I dont know why this bothers me so much. I hate when people put left-over take out containers in their fridge and it makes the entire fridge smell like old, gross food. I actually hold my breath whenever I open any fridge because it makes me gag. (this is probably why I cant eat cold pizza like a lot of people I know, it reminds me of smelly food in the fridge.)

2. I got braids in my hair when I was 21. Yes, real braids with extensions like the kind black girls get. I thought it was cool. Looking back at the pictures, it wasnt so cool.

3. I brush my teeth in the shower. I dont happen to think that is weird, but when Michael moved in he informed me that it is.

4. I am the queen of lists, but I never seem to follow them. I make to do lists probably about every single day, and every week I make lists (various ones, school stuff, cooking, working out, etc).

5. My favorite favorite thing on earth to eat is toast with avocado smeared on it. If you havent tried it, please do. Buy a ripe avocado, cut into slices. Toast 2 pieces of fresh white bread til golden brown (not too brown). Spread a little low fat mayo on the bread, and layer the slices onto each piece of toast. sprinkle with salt and pepper, and use a fork to sorta mash the avocado into the bread. It is seriously the BEST snack ever and I would eat it every day if I would. (but since I am broke I only do when avocados are on sale).

Ok I have to add a 6th one just because I think it is funny. I used to stuff my bra with shoulder pads in Junior High. Please tell me that someone else reading this stuffed their bra too, because I am begining to think I am the only pathetic akward teenager that did.

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

you're so funnny!! hmm, didn't really pad my bra, but i did put extra "push-ups" in some of them in high school ;)
kat :)

Kat said...

hey look- i didn't have ot be anonymous!