Friday, October 20, 2006

If you have ever read anything in my blog...

Please read this.

I know sometimes my posts are filled with complaining about school or this or that, or gossiping, or talking badly about others (which I tend to do a lot), and not that its bad that we do those things, but this is for sure not one of those posts.

Today, as I was avoiding doing the things I should have been doing, I stumbled across this womans blog, and was so drawn in I read it for hours. It isnt just some regular ole' blog about scrapping, or the weekend "to-do's" it is the most heartfelt journaling I have ever read in my life. I seriously think that after reading this blog, I am a changed person. All of the things that I complain about, and whine about, and bitch that "arent fair," are NOTHING compared to this womans story. She should write a book someday, that is how amazing she is. I could go into detail about what I learned about her and her family just by simply scrolling through pages of journaling, but if you want to know about it, I think you should read it, because I know I could never put into words what has taken place in her life. I am posting about Jody because I hope that in some teenie tiny way, she may inspire you, she may encourage you, she may motivate you to look at your life differently than you have been up until now. (and I can gurantee she will bring a tear or two, or ok maybe 1,000, to your eye).

Here is the link to her blog...my favorite entry is in her December 2005 Archieves...titled 'the barbie tree.' After reading that, the things she journals about daily make more sense, and have so much more meaning.

http://jodyferlaak.blogspot.com/

And for anyone who wants to read the story of the tragedy that happened to her family, here is an article

http://www.bethel.edu/alumni/Focus/Spring/03/teagan.html

Enjoy, she really is an amazing woman.

No comments: