Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fun Weekend


For the first time in a while I actually had a fun, enjoyable weekend. Michael and I both had Saturday off, so we went with my dad and sister to visit my grandma and great grandma (who is 97) up in Los Alamos. Michael has never met my dads side of the family, so it was nice to get to see him with them, he loved my grandma, and she fell in love with him because he is Italian, lol. My grandma had a stroke a year ago right before my grandpa passed away, and she is almost back to her pre-stroke self, which is so nice to see. She has her heart SET on me wearing her wedding dress she wore 58 years ago on MY wedding day, and I dont know how to break it to her that its not my style. Here is a pic of what it kinda looks like...its LOOOONG, and off white (I am wearing bright white), and long sleeved and has a high neck, the total opposite of what I plan to wear!!

I am so honored that she wants ME of all her granddaughters to wear it, but its not not the dress for me. I have a year and a half to break the news, I am sure I can come up with something good between now and then!

Nothing super exciting to report...somehow I managed to get some food poisoning or some bug last night, I was up at 2 am puking my guts out, NOT FUN!! I ate the same thing as everyone else, which is what makes it so weird. My stomach is still un-easy. Hate that feeling!

I hate the time change...it feels SO late and its barely 8:30. I think I am going to bed super early tonight!

No comments: