Friday, September 29, 2006

Blog Thief

Ok so I stole this from my girl Kats blog, but it rocked so much that I had to!

10 songs that make me remember (in no particular order). And if your reading this, TAG your it!

1. Crossroads (Bone Thugs n' Harmony): 7th grade, Q105 (our favorite radio station), we used to call and request this song and give 'shout outs' ALL the time! I had this song on just about every single mixed tape (and I had TONS). It reminds me of laying out by the pool at my best friend Kristas house, where we didnt have a care in the world aside from what boys were coming over, lol


2. Best of Burden (The Stones): reminds me of the houseboat trips my family has taken every single year for the last like 15 years, Lake Mohave, Forever Resorts houseboats, its the BEST vacation ever. We play this song several times a day when we just lounge in the lake drinking all day long, gotta love family vacations

3. Friends Forever (Vitamin C): as dorky as this song is, it came out the year I graduated high school (2000) and it was played as we all walked out and I remember totally bawling when I heard it

4. Walk This Way (Aerosmith): I apparently sing this song in my sleep according to my cousins, so its the joke every time we go out and they request it at every bar we go to together, cracks me up

5. Back That Ass Up (Juvenile): one word: clubbing.

6. Better off Alone (Alice DJ): Grad Nite 2000...with my best friend Angie, BEST night of my life (for reasons I am embarassed to say now, but it was a blast!). We danced our bootys off to this song all night

7. Mesmerized (Ja Rule): No real meaning to it, its just a song me and my sister love singing in the car and it reminds me of her and makes me happy every time I hear it

8. Get Low (Lil John): CLUBBING. When this song comes on at a club, EVERYONE is up on the dance floor, you cant help but want to shake it when you hear this one

9. I wanna know (Joe): reminds me of my first love, awwww, 18 year old love, soooo glad I am over that phase in my life

10. Celebration (Kool and The Gang): because its played at every single family wedding and it just reminds me of celebrating life and being happy!

Speaking of celebrating life, today was a sad sad day, I want to tear up just thinking about it. I was on a unit at Childrens Hospital called Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) and my 2 patients I had both had something called ALL (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia). Lauren was 18 months old and Jonathan was 16 months old. Both the sweetest kids you will ever meet in your life, and both so sick. When kids have ALL they usually get bone marrow transplants because their bone marrow is 'bad' and not producing the cells they need to have a healthy functioning immune system, so they get the transplant (from either a donor or cord blood) and everyone crosses their fingers that it takes and that they 'get better.' The sad part is that for them, getting better is living a year or two longer, because the prognosis of ALL is really poor. They were trying to get Lauren 'well' enough to be able to go home so her parents could enjoy her before her disease advances too far, which just broke my heart. Laurens life is basically living in a bubble. She has a plastic shield between her crib and the outside world, that has arm holes for the nurses so they can do simple tasks without having to put on all of the isolation gear (gown, mask, hair cap, booties, and double gloves). To go into Laurens room, I had to scrub in for 5 minutes, and put on all the gear, so really she doesnt even get to see your face, which is so sad because I so wish she could have seen me smiling because she was so stinkin cute. The best part, is that she doesnt know she is sick, she is just happy as can be. She knows she takes medicine, she knows that we have to listen to her heart and take her temperature and other vital signs, she knows she isnt allowed to walk past a certain line in her room, but she has no idea that she wont be living for much longer. I guess its better that way, if I had a choice I would want to live with a chronic illness and not know it too. I just felt so sad for her and her family, 3 months ago she was a happy, healthy 15 month old baby, and now she is still happy, but far from healthy. I loved the kids I got to take care of today, I just wish there was a cure for what they had so they could get healthy. I dont think I could ever work in a unit like that, its just so sad.

Ok I have been up since 4 am and got 4 hours of sleep last night..I am just a little bit beyond beat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is soooooo sad. see, thats the stuff that scares me about becoming a parent!

love your song choices- fun stuff!!! bone thug, omg, loved them!!! ;)

kat :) ;)

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks