Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Holy Jeezo

Ok so I dont know HOW on earth I pulled this one off...but I got a 97% on my final exam!!! I was SO stinkin happy you have no idea! That gave me a 93% overall in the lecture part of the first quarter, and in the clinical/hospital part I got a 96%...I am so proud of myself right now!!!!! It is such a great feeling to know that something I have worked so hard for is working out so well for me, I feel like this is totally my calling in life (not being a good student, but nursing in general), and I love every part of nursing school (even though I know I complain about the studying sometimes). I love the instructors because I am able to learn so much from them, I enjoy my classmates (most of them), but most of all I really love the patients. I love knowing that for the 8 hours I am there, that one patient gets my undivided attention. Hospitals are so busy and understaffed that nurses barely have time to give patients their medication much less have any pleasurable conversation with them, and it just makes me feel so good right now as a student to maybe brighten someones day a little bit when I am there, or put a smile on their face. Anyways, ok this is going to sound really stupid of me, but for some reason I cant press the space bar to seperate my paragraphs on this blog...does anyone know WHY?? its so weird! I promise I dont always run everything into one paragraph, but it wont let me space it out! I am blog-illiterate I suppose. On a different note, my Michael got a position as the lead server at the claim jumper in thousand oaks, he was SO happy and I am so happy for him. It just means more money, better tables, better shifts, he now trains new employees, and I think it has just boosted his confidence a lot and he is feeling a lot better. He wants to eventually move up into managment, so this is the perfect step for him, especially since the restaraunt is so new. Thats all for now, I will post more when I can figure out how to space this thing!!!

1 comment:

Juls said...

Congrats Alex!! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. You kicked some major butt! Good for you! And Michael too on his promotion.