Saturday, January 07, 2006

So sad

I am typing in blue today, because I am just feeling blue. I cannot stop thinking about this 16 year old girl that died this week. She was in a car accident in Long Beach, on a day that it was pouring rain. Apparently she ran a red light, and couldnt slow down when she was going around a sharp curve, so she drove off the road, into the LA river, which was 7 feet deep with muddy water from the 3 inches of rain we had in two days, her car (which was an suv) fell into the river upside down, and the roof was crushed so badly that none of the doors were able to open. People who whitnessed the accident drove off the side of the road to try to get her out, but she was trapped. Eventually her car filled up with water, and she drowned. Sorry to be graphic, but thats what happened. The ironic thing of it, is that this girl went to the same school as my cousins, and they know her pretty well. Her funeral is today, that is why I am talking about it. It is just so sad that someone so young was taken from this world. I know that God does everything for a reason, but this is just one of the things that I am having a hard time coming to grips with. I just cant help but think, what if that was my sister, or what if it was me? Its just so sad how quickly and unexpectedly life can be taken from us.

On a lighter note, I have lost 5 pounds, yay! I think it must be all of that holiday food just finally out of my system, thank the Lord, because I am not about to go on our cruise in May looking like a cow. We are going on a 7 day cruise to the Carribean. First stop, Montego Bay, Jamaica, next up, Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman Island, and last is Cozumel, Mexico. I cant wait. Michaels mother was so SO generous to buy us both tickets last year, we are all going together, me, michael, his mom, his step dad, and his sister Nicole. We are SO excited!!! It will be such a nice vacation for me after my first semester of nursing school.

speaking of nursing school, monday is the big day! I am really excited, anxious, nervous, all in one. I e mailed my girlfriend Jill about how i was feeling about it (she just finished her first semester in the same nursing program), and she sent me this sweet e mail. I just love her! It was after we met up for Coffee so she could give me some "pointers" :o)


Hey Alex,You are so cute!! I have to tell you when I went home after coffee and was talking to my husband, I told him how impressed I was with you. Alex, you will be one of the best students in your class. I know what a hard worker you are and you are going to just excel in this program.

That was SO sweet and encouraging, it made me feel so much better. Especially since she is like a straight A student! I have so much reading to do, over 100 pages, to be read by monday. I am not working today like I normally would be, so I better get to studying!

Thats all for now

2 comments:

niki said...

I am soory for that girl. It really is a tragedy, her family must suffer so much now. I guess I will never understand why God takes the young. They say that God takes the good ones first, the ones He loves the most.

On the other side I am glad you are going on that trip. I kinda envy you :) I am loking forward for some pictures.

Anonymous said...

Alex Im so sorry about that girl. Its ab absolute tragedy. Ill keep her and her family in my prayers.

I am so happy for you that you are starting nursing school tomorrow! Its going to be a great experience and youre going to do great!!!! Keep us posted as you go along. We can talk shop lol