Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I cannot wait

For December 20th. Really it cant get here quick enough. I am amazed at how quickly the last 2 years have flown by, but at the same time, it feels as though it has taken forever. While my nursing degree is classififed as a "two year degree" it most certainly is not just 2 years. I started taking classes in fall of 2000. I messed around for a while, dropping classes, partying, etc etc...and finally got serious in 2002. I took all of the pre-requisites (which took forever, there is a sequence to them and it takes soooo long!), and was so stoked to finally be able to apply, that is until I found out how long the waiting list was. I waited TWO years on that list, AFTER I had all of my pre-reqs done. Do you know how frustrating that is?!? Finally in January 2006 I started my first semester of the actual nursing program, and here I am, 2 months from graduating. Its so surreal, 5 years ago I never would have thought I would be where I am now. I am so thankful for my life, really I have so many blessings that I need to be more thankful for. Nursing school has put a huge strain on my relationships, with Michael, my parents, my friends, etc etc...I have had to sacrafice so much, and I have a lot of people to make up missed time with I tell ya. I have missed a lot of important events because I had to stay home studying, or had clinical, or write a paper, its always something. It has been HARD work...and I am beyond thrilled that in 2 months, it will be over, I will finally be a nurse, and be living my dream, and get out of this nightmare thats called nursing school!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: