Monday, September 03, 2007

Slacker


I feel like I havent blogged in forever, I miss you little blog.

Hm, lets see, whats new.

*started school August 20th. It is so weird to be in my last semester of nursing school, to be planning my graduation, and actually see a light at the end of the tunnel that I never thought I would see! I am so excited to be done and move on, I cant even begin to explain how much strain being in school has put on my life, my relationship, my WEDDING PLANNIN, geez!!

*speaking of wedding planning, nothing really new on that front. Have an appointment with a florist tomorrow, I am excited because she comes highly recommended and is super sweet. I am very picky when it comes to the flowers I want (and dont want) so we'll see how it goes. Also found a bakery that can make a huge cake for 250 guests without breaking the bank! (hard to do in southern california). My beloved wedding planning is on hold for now, but thats ok...come January I will be back with a vegence!

*the weather here is out of control...over 105 for the last 5 days. Not to mention I had to work one of those days for 12 hours, with NO AC the entire day. The generator went out at the hospital, it was a nightmare!

*have been quite obsessed with Starbucks these days, late night study sessions have been the norm the last week or so. So excited that pumpkin spiced lattes are back, however its been too damn hot here to enjoy one! These days its a Venti non-fat caramel machiato, upside down please with 2 splendas. Its so funny how our generation has become the "starbucks generation," like seriously, do we NEED to pay $4 for a cup of COFFEE people? No, but we do, I am just as guilty. I could probably pay for my wedding if I just cut Starbucks out of my weekly guilty pleasures (which have been daily this week). But, its the one thing I really enjoy, even as silly as it may be to spend so much on it. How sad, I dont shop for scrapbook supplies anymore, but have no problem shelling out $30 a week on coffee drinks. Hey now that I am going to be a nurse, I can hook us all up to IV drips in the flavors of our choice!!

*been babysitting a lot lately, bringing in lots of extra cashola. I decided we are starting to save money each week for Christmas this year, just a little cash set aside each week so that Christmas doesnt deplete our wedding savings. We will cut out eating out and put it towards Christmas and moving to arizona. (but no, I will not be cutting out my starbucks addiction).

*arizona. We are still up in the air. We are going to move there at the first of the year, and see how we like it, and what opportunities come up as far as jobs and houses. Who knows, maybe we will find ourselves back in California, only time will tell. I am open for anything, especially if it means being able to start a family sooner with my soon to be hubby.

*thats all...hope everyone has a fab week, its a short one with the holiday today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously there are Waaaaaaaaaay worse habbits to have than Starbucks!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the starbucks IV back lol I always say I wish they could just start a line and give it to me via IV.

so glad you are finishing school and I know to you it seems like forever but I remember when you said you were starting nursing school and it dosent seem that long ago. Good luck girl!!!