Sunday, March 04, 2007

Poor neglected blog

So I noticed the other day that I dont update this as much as I should, I swear I have good reason!! things have just been kinda crazy with school and working! Lets see whats new in the life of Alex (and no I am not full of myself, if your reading my blog then I am assuming you want to know)

-Finished up this part of clinicals this semester, I made it through with no UPA's (write ups), thanks god!! We lost 5 students from the program in like 3 weeks time, it was crazy! Now we are moving on to Psychiatric nursing and home health, I hear its pretty interesting to say the least. I'm excited about it, it will be nice to have a break from the regular ole bed baths and bed making!

-Wedding planning...nothing really new here. I have decided to have my dress custom made, nothing that I have found is exactly what I am looking for, so a good friend from school knows someone that makes custom wedding dresses, so I am excited about that! We havent put the downpayment on the place yet, my mother is a procrastinator so it doesnt suprise me!

-We are going to Arizona the weekend of St. Pattys Day to look at houses, we fly in on Thursday morning early and leave late Monday night. We are planning on getting together with a couple realtors to just look at houses the entire time, and I have to sneak in some time with Erin and Shanna too of course :o)

-Living with my parents is starting to wear on Michael and I. We are SO grateful to be able to have this opportunity to save money, we really are, but it just wears on certain parts of a relationship if you know what I mean...we know its for the best, and its only a short time, but its just hard, especially on top of nursing school.

-Sent in my taxes this week, I am praying for a return!!! I didnt make all that much, but I am still praying for one! even just 50 bucks, SOMETHING!!

-Studying today for an exam I have tomorrow...I think I have gotten to the point in school where I am just burned out! I just have no real motivation to study or to do much of anything really...I am just OVER it and so looking forward to the summer!

-Missing my sister like crazy lately...our lives are just so different than they used to be...we used to spend every day together, shopping, going out to eat, having fun, etc etc...since she has moved away we never have time with just US anymore, and I so miss that. I am so proud of her though, she will be finishing up her degree before me, and shes only 19! AND she moved away from home, I am still here! I think our relationship has matured a lot in the sense that we have become much closer since she hasnt been here, which is nice. I am hoping that she wants to move with me to Arizona at the end of the year!!

-Wow, I cant believe its going to be the end of THIS year that I will be in Arizona...that is just so crazy to me. After 24 years of the life I have here in Cali, all of it will be changing. I know it will be for the best, there is just SO much about Cali that I will miss...the weather, my family, my friends, my dogs, being FAMILIAR with the area, etc etc...its a weird transition, but a good one. Michael and I are planning on starting a family soon after our wedding, I am going to be working come this time next year doing what I have dreamed about for so long (being an RN), we will OWN a home!, and we will be able to have the life that we want but just cant have in California. We wont be alone in Arizona either, thats the awesome thing. Michaels parents are there, he has an aunt and uncle and cousin there, and another uncle and aunt and 2 cousins, and then there is Erin and Kyle, and Shanna (until she moves), and Michaels sister and her boyfriend...so its not like we are just up and moving where we dont know anyone, I dont think I could handle that, but this I think I can handle...it will just be an adjustment!

-I applied for a new job that I am excited about in the ER, hopefully I will hear this week, I cant wait. I need some extra money to save for the wedding and to pay off my credit card that just keeps going up and up and up...I am applying for several scholarships too that I am hoping I get for that very reason!

well, enough rambling from me, that was a long update!!

No comments: