Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend Woes

This week was such an odd week in clinical. First, I had a patient who was only 27, which is really rare for a medical-surgical unit like the one I was on, its almost always people over 60. The weirdest part...he was SO CUTE!!!!!! I have never ran into something like that, but I almost felt like I was blushing everytime I was in his room. Now dont get me wrong, I love Michael more than anything in this whole world, and would NEVER do anything like that, nor would I ever be un-professional as a nurse, but it was just so odd. The whole 2 days I took care of him he had his shirt off, and he had abs of like steel and arms that were to die for!! My other guy was such a sad story, he had Alzheimers so bad that he didnt even remember his own childrens names, I just felt so sad. He didnt know where he was, who he was, or what he was doing there. It just broke my heart into a million pieces to see his kids come in and he had no recollection of who they were. I really feel that when that happens to people, their spirit is already in Heaven, and that is why their memories are gone. Ugh it was just so hard. I also had a patient whose wife recently passed away, on the day of their 60th wedding anniversary, and he was crying the whole day, it made me so so sad. Ok enough nurse talk.

Spent the day today making Pumpkin Butter, and its sooo good. Especially on a slice of hot toast, YUM! We are sending goodies to Michaels family back east this year (like we did last year), and we gotta get them out this week, so its crunch time. I have half the pumpkin butter done, and then we will be making Bannana Walnut bread as well, yum!

Sooooo much Christmas shopping to do! I dont even want to think about it thats how behind I am.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, happy thoughts to Arleena who may be having her baby boy this weekend, so happy for her and her hubby!!

No comments: