Friday, November 10, 2006

Poor Unfortunate Blog




I have been neglecting you. So sorry.




Geezo...things have just been madness around here, but I guess thats just going to be the story of my life and I am just going to have to get used to it.


Last night I was at dinner with Michael since we wont be together for the next 4 nights (he works til midnight and I am fast asleep when he gets home), and the table next to us had this elderly man, probably about 75 or so, and a young girl who was probably 16 or 17 (obviously his granddaughter). The girl was obviously so un-interested in being there with him, almost like she was embarassed, and she barely engaged in conversation with him the entire time...and he was sitting there with the brightest smile on his face, so happy to be with his granddaughter, talking about anything and everything at the same time...and she was TEXT MESSAGING people...I couldnt help but to cry because I was just so upset inside that this girl was going to regret that when her grandpa passes away...My grandpa passed away about a year ago, and I would give ANYTHING to be sitting at that table having dinner with him one last time, literally, anything. I am sure I was the same way at that age, but as I have grown older and somewhat wiser, I have come face to face with the harsh reality that people dont live forever, as much as we would like them to. I just wanted to walk over there and tell her to enjoy him, especially since he looked like such a sweet grandpa like my Bumpa was. Gosh, I miss him so much.


Ok so I have come to the conclusion that everyone and their mother is pregnant right now...it must be in the water!!! My babysitter (the lady I babysit FOR I should say) just told me yesterday they are trying, and I have about 7 friends from high school that are pregnant right now...its so weird. I think I have come to a point where I am not so much jealous over that not being me (probably because my life is just so crazy throwing a pregnancy in the mix is just NOT possible), and I am excited to get to that point in my life...I am excited to be done with school and have my degree, and then i can focus just on my husband, and getting pregnant, and having our first child...with no stress of how I am going to provide. Granted I have nothing against anyone who has a child without a degree, I just know myself and know the things I worry about, and being able to provide for my future children is a big one. So...as much as the baby bug bites me every now and again, I am excited about where I am in my life right now, and happy for the time down the line when it will happen :o)


So Michael has decided for sure that we are going to be doing another wedding in New York after our California wedding...I am excited about it, but a little stressed at the same time. We arent going to do the whole ceremony again, but we are going to have a reception with a DJ, food, alcohol, etc...and we decided that we want to wear our wedding attire again (at least I do, how cool to get to wear your wedding dress twice?!?!). I also want to hire a photographer (or try to con a friend from here that I could fly there with me) to take photos of Michael and I in the streets of New York...Here are some pictures I found on the knot and I just LOVED them and think it would be so cute. (New York is a huge part of Michaels life, his father was born there, and was one of 10 kids that all live there, so every summer and winter he flew to New York). We arent sure when exactly the wedding will be, probably June of 2008 (our other wedding is May 17th, so mark your calendars!!!). It should be interesting to try to plan 2 weddings...we shall see!
Nothing super exciting to report...off from school today for Veterans day, woo hoo!!!!!!!!! Please remember those family members and loved ones who served as Veterans for our country today, thats what the day is all about (not just a holiday like I just got excited for! lol)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's to bad for that young girl that she WILL regret not spending quality time with her Grandfather. I see it all the time at the hospital but at least he is happy she is there so many of the elderly have noone to visit them at all. The pictures you are looking at are beautiful and will be so much more when you and Michael are in them. Im really just so excited for you and believe me you are doing the right thing by finishing school first. It is so much harder to try to go back after you are married and have children. Im so proud of you girlee!