Thursday, September 14, 2006

This totally sucks


Ok so this new blogger 'beta' rocks because of the easy options and simplicity of changing your blog around...however it sucks because you cant comment on peoples blogs unless they also upgraded to blogger beta. Total bummer, most people just have regular blogger :o(


Tonight was a fun night, when I got back from babysitting Michael had a really nice dinner, Spaghetti and meatballs with fresh french bread (the sauce for the pasta is his family recipe, its SO stinkin good!!!). I stopped on my way home and picked up some wine (although I wish I loved red wine, I cant stand it, so we opted for a white, even though it so doesnt go with pasta!). I had 3 glasses, yum! For those that dont know, Michael and I live with my parents, I have always lived with them, but I convinced him to move in after we got engaged so we could save money for our house that we are hopefully buying around this time next year. So its been an adjustment (he had his own place before, so we had plenty of 'alone' time), but its really for the best, and he gets along great with my parents. The whole point is that my parents are on a "road trip" this week so we have the house to ourselves, hence the wine :o)


On a side note, 5 weeks left of this AWEFUL nursing instructor that I have and I am done with her! woooo, cant wait!! I swear, labor and delivery and pediatrics is supposed to be the FUN rotation in nursing school, and this has been absolute HELL. I love my clinical instructor, thankfully I dont have the aweful instructor for both theory AND clinical, but I am just so anxious for it to be over that I am not enjoying myself. Although 2 weeks ago I got to see a c-section, and 2 vaginal deliveries, all in one day. Then I got to do the assessments on the babies, give them their shots, first baths, etc etc. My favorite part was wrapping up those sweet babies and handing them to their parents for the first time, its such a special time and how lucky those nurses are to be able to be there for that. I dont think I will ever be an L&D nurse though, I just couldnt do it. There is so much liability due to the fact the the Doctor isnt even there until the last 5 minutes of the delivery, and it just makes me nervous. Plus, all the things that could go wrong that we read in our text books, eeek! freaks me out!! My favorite part so far about this rotation has been teaching the new moms and families about their babies, breastfeeding, etc. It makes me feel like I have a purpose rather than just BEING there. Although it IS a bit akward, considering I have never breastfed (duh), but at least I SOUND like I know what I am talking about. This Saturday is my last clinical and then its onto pediatrics at Childrens Hospital in LA. Cant wait for that!


Off to snuggle up and watch a movie with Michael. Have a great weekend everyone!
p.s. here is a picture of Michaels mom and step-dad from our cruise this past May...I miss them SO much!!! They are the greatest people I have ever met (aside from my parents). They are in Arizona and we are planning to move there next year, I cant wait!!!! Love you guys!!




No comments: