Sunday, September 03, 2006

Long time no post


I feel like I havent blogged in forever, probably because I havent, lol. Life has just been busy, I have been sick since we got back from Laughlin and today is the first day I actually feel better. Went to the dr and they said it was viral, so I basically suffered for 3 weeks hacking up my friggin LUNGS!! So glad to be feeling better though. Got in a good workout last night for the first time in a while and my glutes are wishing I wouldnt have! It feels good to feel sore, means I'm doin somethin right!!

So I started school on the 21st, and its INSANE. I have the instructor from hell, I dont know how she is still teaching. I am sure she is a great person, but as an instructor she is just aweful. So unorganized. Very rude. Says tacky things. ugh. The other day a lady that has a son with special needs (all the students knew that from being in class with her last semester, however since the instructors change, she had no idea, nor do I think she would have really cared) asked some sort of question about something to do with the possiblity of a child being born with brain damage or some sort of disability, and the instructor responded with something about "those kids will ride the little yellow special bus for the rest of their life" OMG! how rude can you be?!?!? She also was talking about young girls having babies to have someone to love them, and she continued to say that "babies dont love you, children dont LOVE YOU, they are just parasites" WTF? So I have 7 more weeks to deal with this crazy lady, wish me luck!!

Clincials have been good so far, we are doing labor and delivery, and my last shift I got to see a c-section, 2 vaginal deliveries, and got to do the assessment and first shots for the babies. It was such a great experience, I really loved it. Got a break this week because of Labor Day, woo!! Now if I could just get myself to study...

Wedding plans are the same...everything is pretty much PLANNED, now its just the waiting part. A friend of mine recently got married at the place we chose as our venue, and I cant wait to see her professional pics!! Here is one that her mom took. Gosh it makes me wish school could just FLY by and we could be married already and start our lives together.

Speaking of Michael, I just love him. He is the most amazing person I have ever had in my life, and sometimes I think I forget to tell him that. Its been an adjustment to live with him, especially HERE, but its been really fun, and we are making things work. The best part is that Michael is saving money like crazy, and that was the whole goal. Aside from the bummer of having to put $4,000 into it for a new engine and radiator last week, and then new tires (another $500), we have still managed to save money, woo hoo. He has been nothing but sweet whenever I have asked him for money, even if its for something stupid (like white dreams from the bean that I am obsessed with these days). Lately we have been having these cute conversations about our future kids names, every once in a while one of us will say "what do you think of this name?" and we talk and day dream, its so fun :o) We cant wait to be there, but we are enjoying the time until we do. We really want to have kids ASAP, so we are counting on a honeymoon baby! (that could always change, but thats the plans for now). I know Michael will be such an amazing husband and father, and I cant wait!

We decided to go to Vegas for Thanksgiving this year, kinda a random thing to do, but it should be fun. Michaels mom invited us, along with our family friends the Reeses (yea like the candy), and its always a good time with them. I cant wait. I told Michael to start saving money for my pina coladas now! Vegas has to be just about the only place that I will be drunk the entire trip (I am not much of a drinker, but something about Vegas just says GET DRUNK). I cant wait.

Lately we have really been into this show called 'flip that house' and we really want to do it. Its a show where people buy a 'fixer-uper' and fix it up, and then sell to make a profit. Most people make between $50,000-$100,000 in like 2 months time, which is amazing. I told Michael he should consider doing it next fall, he could go to Arizona and spend a couple months fixing up a house and sell it, and we could use the profit to buy a nice big house (wishful thinking, but it COULD work!). I dont know, I have been having mixed feelings about Arizona lately. I really want to go because I know there is great opportunity for a young couple like us that want to start a family, but at the same time, EVERYTHING is here. Everything that I have never been away from, and am scared to death of leaving. This is my HOME, and its going to be so hard to leave!!! Maybe, just maybe we will win the lotto and be able to stay. (rriiiiiiight.). Michael is going in for a job interview this week, its actually a reall cool story. Granted it would be selling cars, but the guy told him he could start him between 60-80K a year. If he could make that and my salary as an RN, we COULD live here...but his heart is set on Arizona. Its only 6 hours away, but its just hard for me to grasp moving to another STATE! I just love California, I dont know anything else. We have time to think about it, and time before we leave, but I dont wanna go!

I miss my sister. For those of you who dont know she moved out to live with her cousin (our cousin I guess) in Long Beach to go to cosmotology school, and although plans havent worked out as well as they wanted it to (they started in July, got kicked out for something stupid, have to start back again from the very begining in OCTOBER), they are doing great, much better than they were a year ago. I just wish that mine and my sisters relationship was closer, but her and my mom bump heads way too much for her to be able to live here and have it be a civil environment, so its for the best, but I just miss having her around. She always makes me laugh and I love that about her.

Sigh, I guess now I have NO excuse to not study, now that I have written my life story. Thats all for now.


No comments: