Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I heart Target


Oh how I love Target. How sad that spending money makes me feel SO good! I havent bought myself ANYTHING aside from books and school supplies since January pretty much, so it was so nice to go and spend money. I got some workout clothes, a cute white shirt, a super cute headband, some $1 spot scrap stuff (super cute for $1!), and some socks. It feels good to buy stuff for ME and not for school or other people. I cant wait to be done with nursing school and buying stuff for myself again.

So I went to the Dr today (the GIRL Dr), and I have to say, everytime I leave that place I am a little freaked out. (I know this blog is being read by GIRLS anyway, and girls that are my friends better yet, so hopefully no one is offended). Last year, I think it was around this time, an anual pap came back "abnormal" which REALLY freaked me out. So I got a referal, and went in for a Colposcopy. If anyone has had one, then you know its not the most comfortable thing in the world. So then after that, I had to go in every 3 months for 1 year, and then go back to just once a year. So far it has been ok, no further changes in the "abnormal cells" but it totally just freaks me out. The reason that they are abnormal is because I have HPV, and I learned today that 1 in 3 women have it, so its not uncommon, nor is it a "gross STD" or anything like that. The reason it freaks me out, is because I know that I now have more of a chance to have cervical cancer in the future, and if the cells become more abnormal than they are now, chances of a normal conception/pregnancy go down. My Dr said to not stress about it, that cervical cancer is a slow growing cancer, and if I was to have it, it would be picked up on my anual pap, but it still worries me. I left crying because I would never forgive myself if Michael and I got married and I was not able to have children. So I talked to him when I got home, and he just said we would pray about it, and that if its in Gods will for our lives, everything will work out. I told HIM that we would be trying immediatly after nursing school, LOL. So anyways, if your reading this and you havent had a pap in a while, GO IN! Thats what we have health insurance for, and its something that could potentially save your life.

Ok depressing stuff aside, Gotta post this recipe for Pumpkin Cream-Cheese muffins. I LOVE the fall and love this kind of stuff. mmmmmm I am drooling thinking about these.

Pumpkin Cream-Cheese Muffins

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons white sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin
1/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 18
muffin cups, or use paper liners.
2. To make the filling: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Beat until smooth, then set aside.
3. For the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Add butter and cut it in with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
4. For the muffin batter: In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add eggs, pumpkin, olive oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
5. Place pumpkin mixture in muffin cups about 1/2 full. Then add one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the batter. Try to keep cream cheese from touching the paper cup. Sprinkle on the streusel topping.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F (195 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

Can we say YUM?!

No comments: