Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My first patient

So today I get my very FIRST patient. This is one of many I am sure I will take care of through nursing school and through my career, but its a pretty exciting thing. Yesterday, after lab, we went to the hospital to get assigned our patients and get report on them. All I really know is that my patient is an 81 year old female, whose chief complaint upon arrival in the TCU is weakness in her lower extremities. Her medical diagnosis is general weakness, dehydration, and a functional decline. So nothing really life threatening, just basically what happens to a lot of people as they get older. I have an assignment today to do an questionere on her, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully she is willing to participate. Im so excited, I think my favorite part of nursing school is going to be my patients.

Off to study!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your favorite part is the patients then you are definately in the right field for the right reasons. Good for you and the little old lady is lucky to have you :)