Sunday, January 29, 2006

First Exam

So my first nursing exam is tomorrow, I am SO nervous. I feel like i have spent hours studying, and that I dont even have a basic understanding of any of it. It is so frustrating because I have this instructor that is never "exact" on anything, any questions we ask her she is so vague about, and I HATE that!!! I just want someone to write out for me what to study, and I will study it! We have like 300 pages that are ALL "fair game" for the exam, plus lecture notes, and video notes, its crazy! It just seems impossible to do, but I guess I just have to do my best and if that only gets me a C, I am fine with that. I just need to get above a 75% to be ok. (although a B or an A would be awesome).

So yesterday, gosh yesterday was an emotional day. My sister is moving out of the house this weekend, to go live with my cousin. They are starting school together on Tuesday, which is great, I would rather her move away and do something with her life than stay here and do nothing, but I am still very sad. My sister has been here for the last 18 years, I dont know what my life is like without her. Granted she hasnt been 100% the same in the last few months, thats just part of "growing up" and I have accepted that, but to see her pack up her things just breaks my heart. Its going to be so weird (and quiet) around here without her. I am getting sad just thinking about it.

back to studying, ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex I hope you did well on your test!!! I also hope your back is feeling better.

You will be surprised at how much your relationship with your sister will change now that she is no longer living with you. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Its so true. Happened with me and my dad :) *hugs* to you I know this cant be easy.

Michelle W. said...

hope you did well on your test! Best of luck.

Michelle