Friday, March 31, 2006

Quiet around here

I guess I just have been too lazy to post, that and busy! Nothing really exciting going on, studying, studying, and then studying some more. I have been feeling sick this week, blah.

Randomness for the day...

Happy thought of the day: I made a yummy soup for dinner last night, and corn bread to go with it. It was SO stinkin good!

Fun-ness of the day: Going to a scrap store today, havent been to one since, geez, like October!!! I hate being broke!!

Sad thought of the day: I still cannot stop thinking about this girl that was on Oprah yesterday. She had been on the show before, and this was a follow up. The story was that there was this woman who was dying of cancer, and she had a young daughter at the time, and she knew she was going to die, so what she did was make hundreds of video tapes for her daughter, of just one on one filming of her talking to her daughter about "motherly" type stuff (boys, periods, etc) because she knew she wouldnt be there when he daughter needed advice on those things, and she knew her husband would have a hard time with it. The mother died when her daughter was only 6, and so now she has all these videos with memories of her mom, and it was just the most special thing I have ever seen, gosh I cried so hard. The saddest video was where the mom said she would be looking down on them to find another soul for daddy to spend the rest of his life with so he wasnt alone, and that she gave her blessing, and she would make sure to find someone perfect, and that it was ok if she called her mom. Talk about a tear jerker! The girl was 13 when she came on the show this time, and it was just so sad, I could not imagine not having a mother at 13. I think it was right around that age I started "hating" my mom, yikes the teenage years were tough around here, I'm so glad to be older and closer with my mom. That show yesterday just made me value my mom so much, I dont know what I would do without her!

1 comment:

April said...

Have you seen the movie "My Life" It is the same thing and soooo sad. Glad i don't watch Oprah! I would have been bawling!